Thursday 2 August 2007

Journey

For my sisters birthday I made her this mini book, I couldn't find alot of family pictures so It is smaller than I intended but I figure she can add pictures to it and I can always send her more pages. It is the first time I have made a book completely from scratch. It was a little emotional to do as it made me really miss my mom, and the days when my family was intact..now most of the family no longer talks! Anyway, I think it turned out alright and wanted to share it before I sent it off!

I really just layered papers with this one, then distressed it with a file and some aging powders. I layered blood red and light yellow flowers. The letters were naked chipboard that I put cream and chalk on to give them depth.


Again I aged this one and layered pictures...the caption is Precious moments, this was taken the Sunday my sister Melissa was brought home from the hospital in 1980.



This is my least favorite page...it just looks rather cheesy! But anyways, it was the first Christmas after Melissa was born..the dress she is wearing was made by my mom, it was a beautiful green velvet.

I really like this page..I just like the dimension...It is nothing but scraps cut in squares and inked with red walnut ink but I like the results.

This picture was taken when Chelsea was only a few weeks old, It was at Arabian Knights which is a fantastic dinner show in Orlando, I worked there as a princess and photographer so we got to go for free all the time! Melissa would have been about 12 I think.


This was our last family trip..we went Camping in Georgia for Easter the year we moved to England the first time, we visited the town that the film "Fried Green Tomatoes" was filmed. It was a really nice trip but I wish we had the chance to take another trip.



This picture is the last full family picture taken, It was Thanksgiving right after we had come home from England when my mom was sick. We were lucky enough to have Christmas with my mom as well but my grandparents and aunt and uncle didn't come so this was the last time we were all together before my mom left us.

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Another gorgeous album!

About Me

My photo
A single mom raising of five + one extra. Always missing her angel in Heaven. Struggling to balance kids work and life. Praising God for all his blessings.